Hi pretty ladies, today’s post will be all about beautiful Audrey Hepburn such an amazing fashion icon!!! You’ll see bunch of gorgeous photos and some fun and interesting facts. Lately I’ve been all about Audrey, just yesterday I saw Breakfast at Tiffany’s and yes for the first time, love it!!!
- Born in Brussels Belgium May 4th 1929, had two half-brothers.
- Her birth name is Audrey Kathleen Ruston.
- She had a tough time during the Dutch famine also known as the Hongerwinter. Because of the limited food she developed a condition called Malnutrition (Underfeeding). Many people say that’s the reason why Audrey was so skinny, her close friends said that she enjoyed eating and had no problems. In 1991 Hepburn said “I have memories. More than once I was at the station seeing trainloads of Jews being transported, seeing all these faces over the top of the wagon. I remember, very sharply, one little boy standing with his parents on the platform, very pale, very blond, wearing a coat that was much too big for him, and he stepped on to the train. I was a child observing a child."
- Audrey love ballet, she studied ballet at the Ballet Rambert in London. She desperately wanted to become a professional dancer but people kept telling her that she was too old and to tall for it. Because of this, she decide to peruse an acting career.
- Believe it or not Audrey has never had an acting lesson.
- Her acting started in Broadway. She was chosen by French writer Collete to star in Gigi. From there her career took off to Hollywood. Hepburn’s first movie was in Italy and called Roman Holiday. She played as Princess Ann.
- When it came to style Audrey always said, " Less is more"
- She felt like her torso was to long so she would always wear high waisted clothing.
- Hepburn's favorite designer was Hubert de Givenchy. You all might remember LBD from Breakfast at Tiffany's or the beautiful red dress from Funny Face. They ended up life long friends. He was the one that created the great "Hepburn look"
- Audrey got engaged in 1952 to James Hanson a young who she had know for a long time. Audrey called it " love at first sight" She had her wedding dress fitted and made by the Fontana sisters. But however, in the last minute Audrey decided that the marriage would not work. She felt like her acting career would keep them apart. The dress was already made so Audrey told the Fontana sisters, “I want my dress to be worn by another girl for her wedding, perhaps someone who couldn’t ever afford a dress like mine, the most beautiful, poor Italian girl you can find.” The dress ended up going to a poor girl in Italy named Amabile Altobella. She said the dress brought her luck.
- Hepburn married twice, firts to the Amcerican actor Mel Ferrer. After that to an Italian Doctor named Anrea Dotti. Audrey had a son with each husband. But sadly both her marriages ended in divorce. Before her death, Audrey lived with actor Rober Wolders.
- Audrey has had 4 miscarriages, she loved children.
- She won one Academy Award, for Best Actress in the 1953 for "Roman Holiday." She also received Best Actress nominations for "Sabrina" (1954), "The Nun's Story" (1959), And of course Breakfast At Tiffany's" (1961) and last "Wait Until Dark" (1967)
Ok guys that's all I got, she truly was talented and beautiful!! I hope you enjoyed it and here are some more pictures...
source: Google, wikipedia, funtrivia